Many of the older players in Indonesian Rugby can remember a time not so long ago that it was extremely difficult to find a club to go for a run with outside of Jakarta, Bali or Papua.
With the growth of this wonderful sport that we all love however, more and more new locations can be found to train and play Rugby. We take a look at some of them (and many more to come, hopefully!) so that Rugby people can find some Rugby friends to have a run with should they find themselves in the following locations:
- Banten Satu Rugby: Many players from the province of Banten have been playing Rugby but most ply their trade in nearby Jakarta & West Java. Since entering a team in the National Games in 2016 however, the momentum has taken over and given birth to “Banten Satu Rugby”, a home-grown team that trains every Thursday at Stadion Mini Ciputat and Saturdays at Bintaro Field near the Pondok Aren Police Station. You can contact Hambali at 0813 8245 9406 for further details.
- Bogor Rusa Rugby Club: Fueled by several Bogor-based players who have played for different clubs in several competitions and tournaments over the years, BRRC was established and train every Saturday and Wednesday at Taman Heulang, Bogor. For more information, contact Satrio at 0877 7046 6458.
- Rugby KALSEL: Rugby is now being played in Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan! They train every Monday and Thursday afternoon at JPOK ULM Field in Banjarbaru getting more locals into the Game. You can contact Yacob on 0812 5115 266 or Herlina 0878 8666 7629 for further information.
- Rugby Aceh: Since its founding in March of 2018, Rugby Aceh has grown in leaps and bounds and now holds regular training sessions at Komplek Stadion Harapan Bangsa in Banda Aceh with Coaches Septi Heriansyah and Aswadi. You can contact 0852 6044 9004 for more information.
- Rugby Bandung & Sumedang: You can come down for a run at Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia campus in Setiabudhi every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday by contacting Dito on 0812 2106 5209 and if you are on the other side of the city or beyond in Sumedang, you can contact Buldan on 0821 1547 2180 for trainings from Mondays to Thursdays at UPI Sumedang campus.
- Central Java Rugby: If you are in Solo then Rugby is in town! Training is held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at Prawit Field, Nusukan, Solo and you can contact Glory for details on 0896 3747 6848.
- Rugby Bojonegoro: From the eastern part of Java, Rugby Bojonegoro has already established itself as an ongoing extra-curricular activity in several schools such as Al Fatimah, SMPN 4 Bojonegoro, SMPN 2 Kapas and SMPN 1 Kanor. Training held every Wednesday and Saturday at the Town Square Field and SMA MT Bojonegoro is open to all who want to try Rugby. You can contact Alim at 0813 3522 9615 for details.